• Field Service Engineer - Electrical
• Airport Industria, Cape Town
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
• manroland Southern Africa (Pty) Ltd sells and services sheetfed and webfed printing presses, pre-press and post-press equipment and supplies spare parts and consumables for the printing industry.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
• The sheetfed division is a strategic business unit within manroland. Our service to customers includes, among other things, sales of new and used presses, the provision of spare parts, classic call-out repair service as well as maintenance contracts for printing presses. Together with our German principal, manroland Sheetfed GmbH, we also provide solutions that are based on customer-specific concepts for upgrades and retrofits that optimally prepare all printing systems for the future
• The Field Service Engineer is responsible for providing effective customer service for all internal and external customers by using excellent communication and interpersonal skills and in-depth knowledge of company products. The candidate will have to develop knowledge of the products and services we offer at manroland and provide information to build strong collaborative relationships. The hands-on nature of the role requires the candidate to have prior field experience, as he will be required to respond to calls from customers.
• The role reports to the Service Manager.
• Attend to customer calls and breakdowns.
• Diagnose errors or technical problems and determine proper solutions
• Correct assessment of repairs and parts ordered to minimise machine down-time
• Responsible for installations, maintenance and repairs of printing machinery
• Support to customers and field operations.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Relevant post-matric electrical engineering qualification
• At least 8 years experience in the printing industry attending to sheetfed offset printing machines
• Proven field service experience
• Ability to troubleshoot, test, repair and service sheetfed offset printing machines
• Ability to work flexible work shifts and to adapt to changing work schedules
• Customer focused with ability to drive customer service excellence at all times
• Proactive and self-driven
• Effective communication
• Ability to advise on technical issues
• Hands-on approach
EMPLOYER & JOB BENEFITS:
• Car allowance
• Cellphone allowance
• Petrol allowance
• Contribution to medical aid
• Contribution to provident fund
• Market related
Enquiries and applications should be directed to Molefe Ratlhagane by email at firstname.lastname@example.org